We’ve worked consistently to integrate corporate responsibility and sustainability across every aspect of our business.
Corporate responsibility and sustainability is an indispensable part of Coca‑Cola HBC’s culture. It guides our decisions and long-term investments to ensure we deliver lasting value.
Our business strategy is built on the fundamental principle of creating and sharing value with all of our stakeholders: consumers, customers, communities, employees and shareholders. This defines how we run our business, carry out our activities and develop our relationships.
We work with our stakeholders to identify the significant issues related to our business. Our sustainability commitments come from the linking of our material issues to our strategic priorities.
The three strategic objectives at the core of Coca‑Cola HBC’s sustainability approach are
- Promoting health & wellness
- Minimising our environmental impact
- Giving back to our communities
We minimise our environmental impact in the whole value chain through implementing, where appropriate, specific targets to:
- Reduce our water, energy usage and produced waste
- Drastically decrease our Green House Gas (GHG) emissions
- Improve packaging, increase recovery and recycling, decrease waste to landfill
- Source sustainably
We’re giving back back to our communities by:
- Creating a positive socio-economic impact where we do business
- Supporting community water and environment stewardship programmes
- Implementing trainee programmes and partnering with educational institutions to address youth employment
- Partnering with international organisations to provide emergency relief
Ultimately, our sustainability approach is translated into specific commitments that we aim to reach by 2020 or earlier.
To build trust with our communities, at Coca‑Cola HBC we recognise the importance of a comprehensive governance framework that reduces risk across the value chain. Where appropriate, this makes use of the benefits of being part of the Coca‑Cola system.
We are committed to strong corporate governance and leadership, as well as transparency in our disclosures. We regularly report on our progress against our ambitious strategies and long-term targets.